Monday, January 13, 2014

rest



In a post that I wrote for Inscription Ministries, I talked a little bit about resting and how important it's become in my life. The above photo is from my Christmas break when I went out on the lake with my husband and in-laws. It was so relaxing, almost like I tossed all of my frustrations and stresses into the water and let the wind carry me away to a happier place.

Over the break, my husband and I got some seriously much needed rest. We took a break from everything, even turned our phones onto airplane mode and got things done around the house. It was so freeing. I'm purposefully making myself stop and rest a lot more often in 2014. Even now, I see my schedule slowly filling up and I have to ask myself why I thought it would be a good idea to have 2 part time jobs and 2 major volunteer positions. But, life is full and that's a blessing; it doesn't have to consume me if I don't let it.

What about you? Do you have to fight to get rest too?



No comments:

Post a Comment