Wednesday, April 10, 2013

philanthropy post :: Better Life Bags

I stumbled across this fantastic woman-owned business several weeks ago when I joined the Influence Network. And I am oh-so-glad that I did! Rebecca Smith is a mom and entrepreneur of Better Life Bags that has creatively woven her own creativity into her business to make it not only grow, but help others.



Reading all about her business' mission made me giddy. Not only does Better Life Bags give 10% of all their purchases towards Kiva.org, but she also employs first-generation immigrants in her town to make the bags. It's truly a win for everybody!

Another unique aspect of the business is that customers have the option of custom-making their own bags. Customers can choose from e-reader/tablet covers, leather bags, laptop sleeve, even a DSLR camera bag. Before ordering, you can choose what fabric you want to make the bag specially yours. You can even pick black or brown leather on the leather bags.

 

 

I l-o-v-e these bags. I think I might even order one for myself here soon. You can even buy prayer cards for yourself during pregnancy, your husband, or for your children.



The next time you're thinking of buying a purse or diaper bag or even an iPad sleeve, make sure you check out Better Bags! They're cute and they help people in the process! Better Life Bags shows that it is possible to enable creativity and entrepreneurship for not only our good, but the good of so many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment