Monday, August 5, 2013

a baby, a wedding, and a lake house.











This past weekend, my husband and I jumped in the car to visit some family and go to a wedding. It was supposed to be an easy trip to simply move my in-laws, go out to eat with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law who would be having their baby in 2 weeks, and get all fancy for this wedding.

Of course, as with all adventures, things didn't go as planned. 

It's 4:00 a.m. and all I could really understand was that someone was talking and I was sitting up straight in the bed. After a few minutes of coming to, I realized that my sister-in-law was in labor. Yup, in labor. Maybe it was the Mexican food she ate when we went out or my little nephew is extremely polite and knew that this would be the perfect timing for us to get to meet him in person. Either way, little Ryan came! All 7 lbs, 7 ounces of him. Just a sweet little bundle of joy.

Needless to say, though, that our relaxing weekend became chaos.

4 hours of sleep
8 hours in the hospital
10 hours of moving my in-laws and the wedding

Of course, there was something wrong in the kitchen at the wedding and it took them three hours to get our food out. I did my best to smile and create engaging conversation without going into the corner and curling up for a little nap. The wedding was gorgeous and I'm so glad we could go, but you know? A girl gets tired.

It all helped, though, having not only a cute new family member, but also my in-laws' gorgeous new lake house. We are so excited for them to be living in their dream home - and that we get to come visit. ;)

So, that was my weekend in a nutshell.

How was your weekend?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment